Personal Decision Making Assistance
Some people need help in making personal or financial decisions. In Alberta there are many options to help individuals make these decisions. The options are:
- a personal directive
- co-decision making
The Personal Decision Making program can assist in understanding these options.
The service provides:
- Information to individuals or groups.
- One-on-one assistance with guardianship applications and reviews. A self-help kit is used.
- One-on-one assistance for co-decision makers and supported decision makers.
- Assistance with the completion and registration of personal directives.
- Promotion of the use of personal directives and enduring power of attorneys.
For more information on the Government of Alberta programs visit www.seniors.alberta.ca/opg/Guardianship/